The Planning Commission is working with our consultant from Northwoods Planning and Zoning to update our Zoning Ordinance. We have identified 19 topics to be reviewed in this project.
- Definitions involved in any topic updated
- Seasonal vs Year-Round Dwellings
- Shipping Containers as Accessory Structures
- Outdoor Wood Boilers
- Solar Energy System (SES) Residential vs Utility Grade Systems
- Short-Term Rentals (vacation, AirBnB, VRBO)
- Single & Multiple Family, & Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs)
- Minimum Lot/Acreage Sizes (Including Farm & Forest Zone)
- Alternative Designs (Tiny Homes, Domes, Yurts)
- Zoning Map Adjustments
- Erosion Control
- Lighting to Support Dark Skies
- Gravel Mining
- Other Mining
- Sanitary Code for RR Zone
- Enforcement of Ordinance
We expect to work on these topics during summer 2023. All work sessions are open to the public. A public hearing will be scheduled for late summer to hear public comment on the updates.
If you have questions on this process, please attend one of the work sessions, which are posted on the calendar of this website, or a contact member of the Planning Commission.
Nancy Strohschein, Arvon Township Planning Commission Chairperson