Call to Order: 6 p.m.
Roll Call: Nancy Strohschein, Chair; Linnea Barron, Secretary; Joe Bollech, Board of Review, Bob Janda, Township Board Rep; Robert Lindert, Vice Chair; Jay Loman, Board of Review Chair; Donna Preston; Ken Anderson, Zoning Administrator.
Pledge of Allegiance: Recited
Guests: Jason McCarthy
Approval of Agenda: Robert made a motion to accept the agenda, seconded by Bob. Motion carried.
Approval of minutes of August 17, 2023, work session: Bob made a motion to accept the minutes, seconded by Joe. Motion carried.
Approval of minutes of September 7, 2023, Public Hearing: Robert made a motion to accept the minutes, seconded by Bob. Motion carried.
I. Recreation Plan
- The Recreation Plan was unanimously adopted by the township board at the September 11, 2023, board meeting with two small changes. 1. Change board member’s name Krystal Larson to Krystal Eliason in the acknowledgements. 2. On page 6, change verbiage for trails from “…rugged terrain and miles of trails.” To “…rugged terrain and miles of ATV-riding opportunities on privately owned forest land.”
- Approval from board to have one copy printed in color as our official record kept at the Fire Hall office.
- Jason stated he needs for the resolution of the Recreation Plan a copy of the minutes from the board meeting approving the plan and he will add the appendix.
II. Ordinance Update
- Jason provided a copy of Article II-Definitions, including new and updated definitions. Discussion with some changes as follows: Page 8, use ADU (Accessory Dwelling Unit) instead of ECHO Housing. Page 10, High Risk Erosion Area is new. Page 11, Home Occupations, definition okay, but if changes to neighborhood may need permit. Page 12, Mining Extraction. Remove wording “but not including”. Page 12 and 13, Mobile Home. Robert suggested removal of skirting information in definitions and utilize it in the ordinance. Page 13, Native Protection Strip. Similar to buffer definition. Remove Native Protection Strip and keep definition on buffer. Also need definition for greenbelt. Page 17, Recreational Vehicle (RV). Remove the quote (It is not a “mobile home.”) A seasonal home definition is needed.
- In the zoning map there is no R1A and R1B, so we are eliminating these districts.
- Jason gave us homework for the next work session. We are to determine where the following definitions would be appropriate: Duplex; Geodesic Dome; Recreational Structure; Shipping/Cargo Container; Tiny Home.
III. Next meetings.
- Wednesday, October 11, 2023, 6 p.m. – Quarterly Planning Commission Meeting. Work session planned for the same date right after the quarterly meeting.
Adjourn: Robert made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Joe. Motion carried. Adjournment 7:22 p.m.
Submitted by Linnea Barron, Secretary and Nancy Strohschein, Chair