ARVON TOWNSHIP PLANNING COMMISSION QUARTERLY MEETING
OCTOBER 13, 2021
CALL TO ORDER: 6:20 P.M.
ROLL CALL AND RECOGNITION OF VISITORS: Joe Bollech, Trustee; Jay Loman, Trustee; Bob Janda, Township Board Representative; Nancy Strohschein, Trustee; Linnea Barron, Secretary, Ken Anderson, Zoning Administrator. Absent: Dorothy Nankervis, illness. Guest: Bette Gabe and prospective member Robert Lindert.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Pledge recited.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Jay made a motion to accept the agenda, seconded by Bob. All approved
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Nancy made a motion to accept the minutes, seconded by Jay. All approved.
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS: Possible hearing for a request to build less than our 480 sq ft limit.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Bette gave an overview of what a chairperson’s duties are.
OTHER MATTERS TO BE REVIEWED BY THE PLANNING COMMISSION: Ken brought up new construction on Witz Rd, 2-story home with boathouse next spring.
- Solar energy: Ken has checked out some solar systems installed, one of which is a very nice set-up with a price tag of $62,000. He will have more information at the next meeting.
- Master Plan. Meeting set up for October 19th at 6 p.m. to go over what Jason sends us.
OPEN DISCUSSION FOR ISSUES NOT ON THE AGENDA:
- Correspondence received: None.
- Planning commission members concerns, if any: None.
- Members of the audience concerns: None.
REPORT OF TOWNSHIP BOARD REPRESENTATIVE, Bob Janda: None.
REPORT OF ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS REPRESENTATIVE: Jay Loman: None.
REPORT OF PLANNING CONSULTANT:
- Who wants to be chairman: Jay Loman?
- Any other business to be brought before the commission: None.
DISCRETIONARY PUBLIC COMMENT: None.
NEXT QUARTERLY MEETING DATE: January 12, 2022 at 6 p.m. at the fire hall.
ADJOURNMENT: Bob made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Nancy, all approved. Meeting adjourned at 7:50 p.m.
Submitted by Linnea Barron, Secretary